JSHealth Hair & Energy Formula
Vegetarian Hard Capsules - Australia Owned
Kelp is a sea vegetable that absorbs minerals from ocean water and is an amazing natural source of iodine. Iodine is a trace element that is vital for many important functions of the body. The JSHealth Vitamins contain iodine from two high purity kelp materials that:
- Helps to restore hair strength and volume
- Regulates energy
- Regulates metabolism
- Assists in maintenance for wellbeing
- Iodine is essential for the manufacture of the thyroid hormones T3 and T4, which regulate basal metabolism which supports energy production throughout the body.
Zinc is an essential trace mineral that helps to:
- Maintain normal healthy hair
- Maintain healthy skin and nails
- Provide nutritional support for the maintenance of healthy sperm
- Support a healthy pregnancy
Take one capsule per day with breakfast or as directed by your healthcare professional. Warning: If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional. Mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet. May contain traces of crustacea (shellfish). Free from added: Gluten, dairy, soy, lactose, nuts, yeast, egg, artificial colours & flavours, sugar & MSG. Do not use if cap seal is broken. Store below 25°C in a cool dry place. We advise you take 150 micrograms of selenium combined with this formula if you suffer from or are predisposed to thyroid disease.
- Gluten & Wheat
- Dairy & lactose
- Artificial colours & flavours
- Artificial sweeteners
- Bee products
- Tree nuts & ground nuts
- Salicylates/bioactive amines
Each capsule contains: Ascophyllum nodosum blade & stem powder 294 mg; Equiv. Iodine 265 micrograms; Fucus vesiculosus dry extract 50mg, Derived from minimum dried whole plant 1g; Equiv. Iodine 10 micrograms, Total Iodine 275 micrograms; Zinc (from Amino Acid Chelate) 10mg.
If you have a thyroid condition, please consult a health care professional before use.
- Kelp contains fucoidan – which naturally occurs in the cell walls of seaweed – that is known to promote growth factors specifically connected with the hair cycle12
- In a clinical study, researchers found that a supplement containing seaweed extracts helped to prevent hair loss and promoted scalp health.3
- Marine polyphenols have been shown to have promoting effects on hair growth when applied topically.4
- Fucoidan and marine polyphenols are compounds that have a diverse range of benefits in regard to general health, antioxidants, UV protection, and anti-inflammation, which is known to promote healthy hair and nails.
Research shows that both fucoidan and marine polyphenols offer benefits in hair growth and maintenance:
- Fucoidan is known to promote growth factors specifically connected with the hair cycle. Research has found that the structural and anionic characteristics of fucoidan are similar to heparin, which stimulates the production of hepatocyte growth factors – commonly known as ‘scatter factors’. These growth factors play a key role in tissue regeneration. 1,2
- In a clinical study, researchers found that a supplement containing seaweed extracts helped to prevent hair loss and promoted scalp health. 4
- Marine polyphenols have been shown to have promoting effects on hair growth when applied topically. 5
- In addition to the specific benefits of fucoidan and marine polyphenols on hair growth and maintenance, these compounds also have a diverse range of benefits in general health, antioxidants, UV protection, and anti-inflammation, which is known to promote healthy hair and nails.
1 Fukuta, Kazuhiro, et al. 2008 Induction of hepatocyte growth factor by fucoidan and fucoidan-derived oligosaccharides. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 60(4):499-503.
2 Zioncheck, T. F., et al. 1995 Sulfated oligosaccharides promote hepatocyte growth factor association and govern its mitogenic activity. J Biol Chem 270(28):16871-8.
3 Park, K. S., and D. H. Park 2016 Comparison of Saccharina japonica-Undaria pinnatifida Mixture and Minoxidil on Hair Growth Promoting Effect in Mice. Arch Plast Surg 43(6):498-505.
4 Seok, J., et al. 2015 Efficacy of Cistanche Tubulosa and Laminaria Japonica Extracts (MK-R7) Supplement in Preventing Patterned Hair Loss and Promoting Scalp Health. Clin Nutr Res 4(2):124-31.
5 Kang, J. I., et al. 2012 Effect of Dieckol, a Component of Ecklonia cava, on the Promotion of Hair Growth. Int J Mol Sci 13(5):6407-23.