As we bid farewell to another year and gear up to welcome the new one, it's time to reflect, rejuvenate and replenish. Amidst the flurry of holiday festivities and end-of-year deadlines, it can be easy to nudge our wellness and beauty rituals down to the bottom of our priority list. Instead of pressing pause on self-care, why not use this time to give yourself some much-needed TLC?
Why? Taking care of you during this time is crucial to starting the new year on a high note.
How? We've put together the ultimate end of year survival toolkit to help you not only survive but thrive in the end of year rush from inside and out. Read on to discover our top wellness and beauty staples, along with some helpful lifestyle practices, to help you glide through the holiday season and into 2024.
Reflection + Rejuvenation
Before diving into our survival toolkit, let's take a moment to reflect on the past year and set intentions for the new one. There’s no need to wait until the last day of December to do this! Instead of just racing to the finish line of 2023, use this time to celebrate your accomplishments, acknowledge challenges faced and make peace with any lingering emotions. Take inventory of your mental wellbeing and find ways to rejuvenate yourself - whether it's through a relaxing bath (with Epsom salts and lavender!), journaling and meditation or a long walk in nature. Remember, self-care during the holiday season is not selfish, it's necessary.
Vitamins: Your Wellness Pillars
This is the time of year that people really turn to the formulas that work to support their comfort and help them feel their most confident. We’ve curated a list of top end-of-year concerns and how to keep you feeling your best during the busy end-of-year period:
- Skin and digestive wellness: Reach for a formula inspired by the gut-skin connection for a double-benefit approach to inside out beauty. It should contain a blend of carefully selected herbs to relieve symptoms of acne and pimples, while supporting skin and gastrointestinal system health.
- Bloating relief: Look for a formula with a blend of herbs and nutrients to support natural liver detoxification processes and relieve abdominal bloating, based on traditional use. Great for during the festive season, and afterwards!
- Collagen support: Care for your beauty from within with a formula that contains hydrolysed Marine Collagen. Try our Pure Marine Collagen or Greens + Collagen (or both!) on the daily!
- Day and night support: Nourish your body from sunrise to sundown. In the morning, nourish your body with ingredients like B vitamins for energy levels plus a blend of herbs for stress support. Come night, opt for a formula that with magnesium and calming lavender to soothe the mind and relieve restless sleep.
Beauty Staples: To Glow through the Holidays
While feeling your best is crucial, looking your best can be important too - especially during the holiday season when there are parties and events galore! And it’s no surprise that the two go hand-in-hand! Here are our top beauty staple recommendations to help you glow from the inside and out:
- Pro-Collagen Vitamin Serum: Our dermatologically tested and approved for sensitive skin formula brightens the skin, deeply hydrates and targets signs of ageing. With an optimal concentration of 9% stable Vitamin C included for collagen-boosting and brightening benefits, our formula works through ultra-hydrating high molecular Hyaluronic Acid to hold water molecules together and provide advanced plumping actions while visibly reducing the look of fine lines with each use.
- Luminous Vitamin Oil: Nourish deeply during the festive season with our Luminous Vitamin Oil to boost radiance and combat fine lines for a youthful complexion. Formulated with natural retinol alternative Bakuchiol, our unique blend is designed with absorptive oils to be non-greasy and lightweight to hydrate without clogging pores.
- Gua Sha: Add a Gua Sha facial massage to your routine to promote lymphatic drainage and enhance the efficacy of your skincare actives. Try repeating positive affirmations as you gently massage your face, such as these JSHealth favourites: "I am confident and beautiful in my own skin" or "I love and honour myself exactly as I am right now".
- 2-Step Vitamin Haircare System: The party season often means your hair is subject to more wear and tear from heat styling and product use, so gently cleansing it and replenishing moisture levels is key. Our Purifying Vitamin Shampoo and Nourishing Vitamin Conditioner are designed to work as a duo for root to tip care with natural, science-backed ingredients, including Vegan Keratin. Hair need an extra boost? Leave the conditioner on for 5-10 minutes as a hair mask to replenish moisture and restore shine.
As we approach the end of the year, it's important to take care of ourselves both inside and out. After all, the end of the year should be as much about celebrating you as it is about celebrating the season! Give yourself grace, pause for self-care and focus on what truly brings you joy this holiday season.
Wishing you a happy and healthy end-of-year celebration!