One Pan Japanese-Inspired Salmon
2 February, 2023
This Japanese-inspired recipe is full of healthy fats, nutrients from the greens and low-GI sweet potato. It’s one of the most-loved JSHealth recipes for good reason. You’ll have this delicious and nourishing dish on high rotation!
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into rounds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 8 stalks broccolini
- 250g (8.8oz) salmon, sustainably sourced where possible
For the marinade:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp tamari
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on the baking tray, leaving room for the salmon and broccolini, and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade by placing all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the tray from oven and add the broccolini. Drizzle the remaining olive oil and another sprinkle of sea salt. Next, place the two salmon fillets in the middle of the baking tray and drizzle over the marinade. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Serve with brown rice, if desired.
You can swap any of the animal-based protein options above for:
1 cup lentils, chickpeas or beans (or a mix), 2 eggs, or 3.5oz tempeh or 5.3oz tofu (1–2 times a week).