Taking a bite of these light and fluffy hotcakes is like heaven in a mouthful. Full of wholesome ingredients yet deliciously decadent, they make the perfect Sunday treat to spoil mum with, or a special someone to you. These hotcakes are naturally high in nourishing protein and complex carbohydrates. Antioxidant-rich blueberries top them off and pair perfect with the smooth, creamy ricotta and refreshing hints of zesty lemon.
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup smooth ricotta
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- ¼ cup milk of choice, we used dairy
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour, or flour of choice
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, optional
- Combine the eggs, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk, maple, vanilla, bicarb soda and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Sift in the flour and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and grease lightly with coconut oil or butter. Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon some of the batter into the pan. Cook each pancake for 3 minutes on one side, or until bubbles start to form, before flipping and cooking for a further 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve topped with blueberries, maple syrup and yoghurt, if using.
Want more recipes like this?
Find 600+ nourishing meals, snacks and desserts in the JSHealth App - Get it FREE!