If you’re anything like us, you probably indulged in alllll the choc and hot cross buns over the long weekend! We all know there’s DEFINITELY a place for this deliciousness in your diet, but we also know that too much of a good thing can leave you feeling all kinds of nasty.
But, we have some good news!!
We’re sharing 5 things you can enjoy post-chocolate coma when you’re ready to get back to feeling like your best self.
- Detox + Debloat
This stunning formula contains anti-inflammatory and liver-loving ingredients like Turmeric. It also contains the herb Milk Thistle (which is not actually milk), which has also been used to support natural cleansing and detoxification of the liver. What more could you want coming off a chocolate-high?!
Lets Broc N Roll! This beautiful veggie contains high amounts of the powerful antioxidants, glucosinolates, which is also found in other cruciferous veggies (think cauliflower, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, bok choy). Broccoli is also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other hard-to-pronounce antioxidants. Point is, this nutrient powerhouse kills off all the toxins in our body, and makes us feel healthy AF!
Did we mention that these are berry much the new superfood on the block?! Berries are packed full of antioxidants and minerals like Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Magnesium. They’re amaze for reducing inflammation, and will leave you feeling fresh and fruity!
I’m sure salmon agrees, so much attention has been placed on omega-3 acids found in oily fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines - for a reason! These reduce inflammation, support a healthy cardiovascular system and support general well being - yes plz! We absolutely must get this through our diet, our bodies can’t produce it naturally.
Not a fan of fish and the smell...and the taste...and, it’s okay, we’ve got you covered. Try our Triple Strength Fish Oil instead - it’s vanilla scented, and super incred! FTW!
- JSHealth Hangover Remedy
Okayyy fine! We’ll give you our secret, not-so-secret hangover recipe! This will literally take you from 0 to 100 real quick!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 JSHealth Gut Health + Immunity Probiotic (Pour the powder out of the capsule - optional)
- Add all ingredients into a small glass and stir until combined
- Drink up!
- Lee Y.S., Ku K.M., Becker T.M., Juvik J.A. Chemopreventive glucosinolate accumulation in various broccoli and collard tissues: Microfluidic-based targeted transcriptomics for by-product valorization. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185112. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0185112.
- Yvette Porter, Antioxidant properties of green broccoli and purple-sprouting broccoli under different cooking conditions, Bioscience Horizons: The International Journal of Student Research, Volume 5, 2012, hzs004,
Skrovankova S., Sumczynski D., Mlcek J., Jurikova T., Sochor J. (2015). Bioactive compounds and antioxidant activity in different types of berries. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 1624673–24706. 10.3390/ijms161024673
Wall R., Ross R.P., Fitzgerald G.F., Stanton C. Fatty acids from fish: The anti-inflammatory potential of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. Nutr. Rev. 2010;68:280–289.